- The new Gold 5G series from Monitor Audio borrows the top technology of the speakers from the Platinum range to offer the best quality in its price category and a sound without competition!
- Center speaker, 3-way design, bass-reflex
- Speakers: 1 ribbon tweeter + 1 x 6.4 cm C-CAM midrange + 2 x 16.5 cm woofer
- Frequency response: 40 Hz – 50 kHz
- Sensitivity: 88 dB (2.83V @ 1 m)
- Nominal impedance: 4 ohm
- Recommended amplification: 80 - 200 W
|Description:||Center speaker, 3-way design, bass-reflex|
|High speakers:||1 x tweeter ribbon|
|Mid speakers:||1 x medium 6.4 cm C-CAM|
|Bass Speakers:||2 x 16.5 cm RDT II long-throw bass|
|Frequency response:||40 Hz - 50 kHz|
|Recommended power:||80-200 W|
|RMS power:||200 W|
|Nominal impedance:||4 Ohms|
|Crossover frequency:||1.2 kHz / 4 kHz|
|Speaker type:||Center speakers|
Gold 5G Series - Rebirth of a classic
The new Gold 5G series from Monitor Audio borrows the top technology of the speakers from the Platinum range to offer the best quality in its price category and a sound without competition! Six new speakers dedicated to stereo, surround, subwoofer or central speaker share a series of improvements and evolutions of the speaker membranes and for the advanced ribbon type tweeters with the C-CAM membrane the tolerances are even smaller, along with a new, more functional grid. Energized by these new technological advances, the new Gold series (5G) offers an exceptional sound, very transparent, consistent with a sophisticated and stylish scenic image, so you only have to choose the right Gold model for your room.
Gold C250 5G - Detail, scene, high-end sound
Gold C250 5G are speakers built on the classic two-way, with two specially designed 16.5 cm bass speakers that offer performances close to those of a 20 cm speaker but with a reduced size. The Gold C250 5G sound is efficient and with dynamic extension, offering an unexpectedly present but controlled bass. The ribbon tweeter, specific to the series, comes to complete the sound image with tonal accuracy and fine details in the high mid range. Optionally, Monitor Audio also offers dedicated stands for the Gold C250 5G speakers. The midrange speaker brings more naturalness and warmth to the voice area to complete the soundscape without any coloration. The speakers are manufactured in four finishes with natural veneer: Dark Walnut, High Gloss White, Piano Black Lacquer, Piano Ebony.
Technologies used in the Gold series:
- Optimized MPD ribbon tweeters derived from the proven success of the Platinum series tweeters. The new tweeters are completely changed compared to those of the old series, the smaller execution tolerances and the uniformity of the production have led to a more open, more transparent sound reproduction, with more detail and precision.
- The bass speakers were developed through FEA (Finite Element Analysis) simulations and use an evolved version of the RDT II cones as in the Platinum series - with the shape of a continuously radiating tub without the interruption due to the coil attachment. A longer spool and stronger magnets lead to a more efficient motor assembly, with longer travel and greater diaphragm control force and speed. Thus, the Gold 5G speakers offer a better defined, dynamic bass with minimal distortion.
- Fastening the speakers through the back with a single long screw brings a double advantage, it improves the rigidity of the enclosure and reduces vibrations at the level of the contact surface between the speaker and the enclosure, as well as the front panel. The absence of the classic screws that attached the flange of the speaker to the enclosure, leads to a much more beautiful appearance of the enclosures and to a continuous and fluid fixation.
- The enclosures are optimized to eliminate internal resonances and through the mounting screws of the speakers, the enclosure becomes inert without resonances. The HiVe II bass ports have an internal profile specially designed for laminar air flow, accelerated, without turbulence, so the air in the room moves more easily, and the effect is felt in the more dynamic reproduction of the bass.- Separation filters high quality with polypropylene capacitors, laminated steel core and air core coils, film resistant, all for maximum signal transfer. Internal wiring with PureFlow silver plated OFC cable for signal integrity.
- For optimal performance, it is necessary to position the speakers at a distance of at least 30 cm from the back wall.
- The speakers will reach the nominal parameters, recommended by the manufacturer, after a minimum of 40 hours (ideally 100 hours) of operation at medium volume! During this period of time, of "running in the speakers", the sound will be somewhat more artificial at first, the bass will not be prominent yet, the highs rigid and the voices slightly restrained... as the speakers work, you will notice how the bass becomes warmer and more voluminous, voices and midrange sounds become natural and believable, and highs become refined and detailed.