- The motto that the Wharfedale company proudly displays is: "Britain's Most Famous Loudspeakers"!
- Diamond is the longest-running and most successful series of the British manufacturer Wharfedale. Launched in 1982, this series has always offered outstanding quality at an attractive price.
- The Wharfedale Diamond 200 is the newest version of the series. The main concern of the Wharfedale engineers is to improve the sound. For this reason, the new speakers with Kevlar fabric membranes, similar to those used for the Jade range, are used for the Diamond 200 range. The crossover has been redesigned with higher quality components, and the speaker magnets are stronger than the old range. The front of the speaker is varnished, and the finishes are improved.
- For the construction of the enclosures, a new technology was used, an MDF sandwich with a special layer in the middle. The rigidity of the enclosure is superior, and the internal resonances are greatly reduced.
- Another interesting solution is the bass-reflex port. Instead of the classic tube facing the back or front, the Diamond 220 has the bass-reflex port facing the base plate of the speaker. Thus, the speakers can be placed without problems near the walls, the rumbling effect given by the bass-reflex towards the back disappears and we don't have the inconvenience of a bass-reflex on the front (turbulences from the port are audible).
|Description:||2 ways - Bass-Reflex|
|High speakers:||2.5 cm|
|Mid-bass speakers:||13 cm|
|Frequency response:||56 Hz - 20 kHz (+/-3dB)|
|Recommended power:||25 - 100 W|
|Nominal impedance:||8 Ω ( Min 4.1 Ω )|
|Crossover frequency:||2.2 kHz|